Detailed Product Description:
Copper Chloride (Copper I Chloride)—sometimes called Cuprous Chloride,
is the lower chloride of copper, with the formula CuCl. It occurs naturally as
the mineral nantokite. This colorless solid is almost insoluble in water,
and tends to oxidize in air into the green Copper II Chloride (CuCl2).
It is a Lewis Acid which reacts with suitable ligands such as ammonia or
chloride ions to form complexes, many of which are water-soluble. It is
even able to form a stable complex with carbon monoxide in the presence
of aluminum chloride.
Often used to absorb carbon monoxide. A major chemical use for
Copper(I) Chloride is as a catalyst for a variety of organic reactions.
Compared to other "soft" Lewis acids, it is much more affordable than
non-toxic Silver Chloride and Palladium Chloride, and much less toxic
than Lead Chloride and Mercury Chloride. In addition, it can undergo redox
chemistry via copper(II) or copper(III) intermediates.
ACS Reagent Grade, minimum 97% purity.
Download, read, and understand MSDS before using this substance.
Toxic by ingestion and inhalation.
Click here to download MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheet)
Contents of 200 grams comes packed in 250ml sized wide-mouth amber glass bottle.