Detailed Product Description:
This is a 27% near-saturated solution of sodium hydroxide in
deionized water. Strong base. Absorbs carbon dioxide from
This is the single most important caustic in commercial use. It
is commonly used as a neutralizing agent in petroleum refining
making it currently popular in biodiesel applications. Also used
in the manufacture of soaps, candles and even in metal etching
Toxic by ingestion and inhalation. Corrosive to tissue in presence of
moisture. Strong irritant to tissue (eyes, skin, mucous membranes).
Click here to download copy of MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheet)
Comes packed in 250ml sized HDPE Nalgene lab-quality bottle.
Special Notice About This Product:
Recently this product has become popular as a precursor for the formulation
of illicit drugs. Once commonly available off the shelf at most hardware
stores, many municipalities have pulled it from the shelves and no longer
make it available. We have it available for industrial and analytical applications
but since we have no control over how it is used, we must have you read and
accept the terms of the waiver of liability that appears below.
Waiver of Liability:
In purchasing this product you are asserting that you are:
Agreeing to hold harmless, DGR Industrial Products, Inc. & www.chemical-supermarket.com, their employees or owners, of responsibility for any injuries or damage that results from the use of the above material(s).
- at least 21 years of age.
- not procuring this substance for production of illegal drugs, explosives or for other illegal activities.
- not providing or making this substance available to anyone so that it can be used in a manner that would be illegal, explosive or considered a dangerous activity.
- fully aware that the substance you are purchasing is considered hazardous and could cause bodily harm.
- assuming all responsibility for its safe use, proper storage, safety and precautions for yourself and any person who may come into contact with the above substance.
- agreeing to be completely and solely responsible for any and all injuries or damage to yourself, others and property associated with the usage of the above substance.